Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Recipe Review - Crock-pot Ham & Potatoes Au Grautin

Last night we tried a new recipe! I always love trying new recipes, it was easy and most people would have most the stuff on hand. I made it Weight Watcher friendly, as I'm following their plan.


Not the prettiest...and I personally wasn't sure what to think of it. There was a weird taste, that I didn't care for, but I think it was my ham. I didn't have any ham steaks or cubed ham on hand, but I had an already sliced Brown Sugar ham. I'm wondering if the Brown Sugar is what was throwing me off, not too sure though!  I also only had Cream of Mushroom soup on hand, not Cream of Celery like the recipe called for.




The kids liked it though!! That's the most important part :)

So the verdict:  I'm willing to make it again, but this time make sure I have cubed ham, not thinly sliced...and Cream of Celery. 

Weight Watcher Crock-Pot Ham & Potatos Au Grautin
Makes six 1-cup servings at 5 WW  P+

2 cups lean ham, diced
4 cups pototes, diced
1 cup onion, diced
3/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of celery soup
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon yellow mustard

Spray your crock-pot with butter flavored cooking spray. Combine ham, potatoes and onions in the crock-pot. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top. In a small bowl, combine soup, pepper, parsley and mustard. Add soup mixture to potatoe mixture. Mix well to combine. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

If you decide to try it, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This