Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Skinny Chicken Tacos

Subscribe to be the first to know when new recipes are posted!!

* indicates required
Email Format

We love tacos in our house! So I'm always up to trying different ways to cook them, and if I can make them healthier, even better!!


Here's what you'll need: chicken breasts, taco seasoning, and a jar of salsa, oh and a crock-pot!


Add chicken breasts to crock-pot 


Top with taco seasoning


and salsa


Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours


Have you ever used these! I love them!!! Makes dinner clean-up quick and easy!


When it's done cooking, shred the chicken


Top with your favorite taco toppings! All we had on hand was cheese and sour cream. They would be good with cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado! Anything you like on your tacos!

Skinny Chicken Tacos

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
16 oz salsa
taco shells (soft or hard)
shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp taco seasoning

Place chicken into crock-pot and top with taco seasoning, and salsa. Cook on low 6-8 hours. When chicken is done, shred with forks.  Make tacos to your liking!

Sign up for our newsletter and receive weekly tips & tricks to help you and your family eat healthier!


Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format

3 comments:

  1. Sara, I love this recipe. So easy. I will try it. I've finally started using my crockpot since discovering the liners. Before then? I hated cleaning the big thing. It was easier to cook. Now, it is so simple to clean my crockpot that I really enjoy using it!

    Thanks for sharing this post on Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop tonight. (Yes, it is TUESDAY. I know. I always start it early) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I love tacos and eat them at least once a week. This is SO much easier than what I do!! Unfortunately I don't have a crockpot, but this recipe may just make me go out and buy one! Thanks for sharing :)

    Stopping by from the Lemon Tree Dwelling link up!

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share This