Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Creamy Mushroom Stuffed Chicken

I made this over the weekend, and really enjoyed it! My kids...not so much...they wouldn't even touch it! Picky little buggers. I'll make it again for sure.


Creamy Mushroom 
Stuffed Chicken

This was a quick and easy healthy meal. I served it with cauliflower & cheese sauce, for a total of a 7 Weight Watcher points. Not too bad for dinner!




Ingredients:
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
Two 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1/8 tsp. each salt & pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch backing pan with nonstick cooking spray.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook and stir mushrooms and onions until softened and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. 

Transfer cooked veggies to a medium bowl, and blot away excess moisture. Add onion powder, garlic powder, and cheese wedges, breaking the wedges into pieces as you add them. Stir until cheese has melted and coated the veggies. (I let some of mine melt, but left some chunks of the cheese, for a more cheese taste).

Season chicken with salt & pepper. Evenly dividie veggie mixture between the centers of the cutlets.

Roll up each cutlet over the mixture. If needed, secure with toothpicks.  Place in the baking pan.

Cover pan with foil, and bake for 20 minutes.

Remove foil and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 more minutes.

MAKES 2 SERVINGS, at 5 PointsPlus     

 I'm linked up to What's Cookin? Wednesday


3 comments:

  1. Looks yum! Love that you used laughing cow cheese. My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great - and I have mushrooms begging to be used! I'd love for you to link this up with my Whip It Up Wednesday linky party! Party is open until Monday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good but I'm not sure my kids would eat it either. Oh well more for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Share This