Sunday, August 25, 2013

Low-Fat Frozen Peach Yogurt

I don't pull out my ice cream maker very often, but when I make something like I did today, I wonder why!!!


Seriously, this was super good, and not outrageous in calories or fat!! Even better :)


Here's What you Need: Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt, Canned Peaches (I think this would be super good with super ripe fresh peaches as well), Sugar & an Ice Cream Maker (Here's the one I have...it works great and isn't horribly expensive!)


Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup of juice. Puree peaches in a blender.

Add yogurt, reserved juice and sugar: blend until combined.



Pour into ice-cream freezer bowl, turn on ice cream freezer and let it mix for about 25 to 30 minutes.


It can be put in an airtight container and placed in the freezer until it is firmer (about 2 hours.)

And there you have it....yup that's it...that simple...and OH SO GOOD!!! I can't wait to try this again with mandarin oranges, or canned pineapple!

Low-Fat Peach Frozen Yogurt

1 14 ounce can peach halves in juice
2 cups lowfat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup sugar -- orig 1/4 cup

Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup of juice. Puree peaches in a blender. Add yogurt, reserved juice
and sugar: blend until combined.

Pour into ice-cream freezer bowl, turn on ice cream freezer and let it mix for about 25 to 30 minutes. It can be put in an airtight container and placed in the freezer until it is firmer (about 2 hours.)

Serves: 8 (about 1/2 cup)
PointsPlus™ Value = 3

119 Calories; 1g Fat; 3g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber 

Please be sure to subscribe to be the first to know when new recipes are posted!









<a href= photo partybutton1_zpsaf59da8f.png



6 comments:

  1. wow,this is awesome.thanks for sharing.new bloglovin follower

    hope you can visit my Inspire me Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This looks so good and your photography is amazing! I would love for you to come share at the From the Farm Blog Hop this week. We'll be favoriting all the peach linkups from this week at next weeks' party, so be sure and link up before Thursday to be included!
    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily
    http://www.fresh-eggs-daily.com/2013/08/from-farm-blog-hop_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing - I LOOOOVE peach ice cream. It's my all time favorite.

    I'd love for you to share this at Tell Us Tuesday! http://muchadoaboutsomethin.blogspot.com/2013/08/tell-us-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, your yogurt looks really delicious! It's still in the triple digits here, so this looks wonderful. I had wondered about the ice cream makers....good to know you like yours!

    Love, Joy
    Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds and looks SO dang good!! Thanks for sharing and thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe looks like something I want to try. My family has a great love for frozen yogurt!!

    ReplyDelete

Share This